Monday, November 24, 2008

This Week in Forgotten Photos: Bob Dylan's Bloated Genius

I am frantically putting together a present for my Dad who is coming tomorrow. My sister and I are making a scrapbook journal thing of our trip to London. So I was looking through all of the photos we took, and I came across this one, which had somehow escaped my view until now, though I vividly remember taking it.


Yes, that is me in front of Bob Dylan's awful rape painting. My sister and I were in Harrods and we came upon Bob Dylan's masterpiece, "Rape is Not Sex and Cowboys and Bob Dylan is the Statue of Liberty?". I don't know if that is the real name of this painting, but that is what is should be called. There was a snobby Harrods employee right out of frame when I asked my confused sister to take this picture, and I was afraid she would not allow the strange antics of a giggling teenage American to continue in her area. But she seemed to allow it, and my sister snapped the photo.

The bloated look on my face is because Bob Dylan is raping me. And it is not sex. You have probably already seen pictures of this painting (and giggled at said pictures) but here is a closeup in case you've forgotten:

Bob Dylan, please, I love your music and you are fantastic, but please leave painting to people who know what their doing. Namely, this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment