Monday, November 3, 2008

Wandicorn and TV on the Radio

Ahh! Guys, so much is happening! I'm not busy by any stretch of the imagination, since I no longer have a job to rape me of my waking hours, but I have been doing a lot and having the most fun!


As you could probably not guess from the above crappy cell phone picture, I just got back from seeing TV on the Radio in Denver. It was extreme. Those guys were pretty cool guys. My sister, her boyfriend, my cousin and I went out to eat before the concert at this really spiffy vegetarian restaurant called the Watercourse (I think that's what it was called) and while we were eating delicious sandwiches and such Beardy from TV on the Radio walks in! Whooo, Beardy! I don't really know his name, but if you've ever seen pictures of TV on the Radio or have seen them on TV or live or whatever, you'll know which one I'm talking about. My sister's boyfriend talked to him, and I peeked around the corner from the back of the restaurant like a goof. The concert was a most rad time, though. They played all of their best songs and, though they aren't the best band live in a musical sense, they really brought the energy. We also all agreed that it was really refreshing to see a band perform live that wasn't completely wasted. Man was that lead singer sweaty though. Wah.

I guess I'll just go backwards from there and tell you guys about Purple Rain, which is a movie staring and about Prince that I watched last night. I'm not necessarily a Prince fan (though I do enjoy some of his songs), but that movie just oozed sex. Prince knows he is too cool for the rest of us to handle. He did this dance while singing "Darling Nikki" that made me laugh hysterically. It was sort of a self head groping something. I guess what you should take away from this story is go watch Purple Rain.

The day before the Prince madness was Halloween, which was very fun because Parker had a hoppin' party and I got to show off my costume me and my momma worked very hard on. Wandicorn is where all the love in my life stems from, so it was very incredible dressing up like this majestic creature. Here is a picture my mom took of me in my costume today:


I submitted my costume into two contests on the internet, so maybe I might win something. Hopefully. I also secretly hope that Harry and the Potters find out about my costume and become my groupie. You gotta dream big people. I am dreaming big.

3 comments:

  1. 1) The Watercourse is one of my favorite restaurants ever. Ever ever ever.
    2)I will watch Purple Rain someday.
    3)Harry and the Potters have a facebook, as do the Harrys...Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about The Watercourse being most delicious. Everything I ate there tasted unlike anything I'd ever tasted before and all of the tastes were marvelous!

    I know Harry and the Potters have a facebook, but I think it would be awkward to show them my costume. Don't you? I would feel like a weirdo, which I am, but I don't know. I would rather them discover the awesome on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete