Thursday, January 15, 2009

In which I ramble on about music

I just wrote a long thingy about the new Decemberists song ("The Rake's Song") I downloaded this morning from their website, but then I deleted it because it made me feel gross writing those things. I don't want to tell people what to think (yes, I realize this is the primary function of all blogs everywhere all the time). However, I will tell people what to do, so go download it from their website and then tell me what to think. I like being told what to think.

Also in music-y related news, I finally got Chad Vangaalen's Soft Airplane last night after being a long time admirer. He makes really nice songs and animations to go along with some of them. Here's "Molten Light" from said album:



If you like it, thou shouldst probably go check out his other videos. There isn't a huge amount, but there is enough, little one.

PS: I just taught myself half of a Cat Stevens song on my harmonica. I feel very accomplished, considering I really don't know how to play harmonica. I need to get better already.

3 comments:

  1. Dear buns,

    I haven't done anything your blog told me to yet, but I will maybe someday.

    I just wanted to say hi because I love you and I miss your fat bootie bigtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Rake's Song, and not just because it sounds a little like Mike Doughty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the Cat Stevens song "Matthew & Son"? Please tell me it was "Matthew & Son".

    ReplyDelete