Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sleeping

If I could get rid of one thing from my life, it would be sleeping. It takes up far too much time. I just took an afternoon nap that stretched into evening and now I have to go back to sleep. What has sleeping ever done for me besides doing some very important things for me? I don't really know what sleep does exactly. Is it necessary? I'm pretty sure scientists think it is, but I don't know if they have a grip on the way things are. What if we just tried really hard not to sleep? Would it work?

Oh my God, you guys. Apparently, I was completely wrong. Sleep is real, you guys. We need it. Or else we die. So I guess I will just go to sleep. I guess it is not all bad, because if it weren't for sleep, then dreaming wouldn't exist. Neither would sleeping disorders, which are very nice as well. And snoring. And sleep walking and talking, which are adorable. And peeing the bed. Also, beds would not exist if we did not sleep anymore. I think we need to petition for more sleep. Add your name if you agree with me on this. We can also petition for sleep to be added to the Constitution. Somewhere in the sentence about the pursuit of Happiness. I actually think that was the Declaration of Independence. So it should be added to that instead, just so Britain knows too. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, plenty of Sleep on nice comfy beds with lots of pillows and warm warm blankets, and the pursuit of Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment