Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hot Pocket Sammich, or the Quest to Eat Hot Pockets (a story in pictures)

Previously on Blog, I came up with a plan to make Hot Pockets edible (or perhaps more disgusting, I wasn't quite sure). What follows is the carrying out of said plan.

Braden and I set out to buy the materials for the Hot Pocket Sammich.

A sign? Or just the microwave telling us the Hot Pockets are done cooking.

Still frozen on the inside.

Creating the Sammich. I didn't know what would be okay to put in the middle of the sandwich so I decided boring was a safe bet and put some salami. As soon as we opened the package of salami, however, we knew something was up. It smelled...of queefs (Is that okay to say on a blog? There is no other word.)





Results: I found the salami to make the Hot Pocket more edible. Not good by any stretch of the imagination, but edible. As soon as I tried to eat the Hot Pocket by itself, I lost my appetite. There were lumpy rubbery things inside, claiming to be cheese. We also tried it with balsamic vinegar, which was pretty good.

A warning to all in my house not to smell the salami.

The plate smiles back at us.

Grade: C- (edible)

Update: last night I tried round two with Mikhail. I made a Hot Pocketurger, with a buffalo burger and mushrooms between cheese pizza Hot Pockets. Grade: C (slightly more edible than the Sammich).

1 comment:

  1. Nevertheless, this must be a success as both times you made a Hot Pocket Edible. Congratulations, Ruth! YOu surely will win the Nobel Prize this year.

    ReplyDelete